This project is read-only.

how to create and install a module for OpenERP

Topics: Business Logic, Development Methodology
Oct 6, 2009 at 5:30 AM
Edited Oct 6, 2009 at 6:08 AM

If we could get the code out of the one file (and the ones that depend on it, of course)  .py that has the Business Logic, but as you can see on ther attachment is basically one file with all the code

Each folder contains a module that contains at least four files:

__terp__.py (given certain information from the module),

__init__.py (which files need to load),

nameOfModule.py (the code module and the Busines Logic)

nameOfModule_view.xml ( form view and and list view).

here are the files for the video:

http://xerpdotnet.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=4285

and here is a video on how to do it, you can watch it on  HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eloEM4-6eiU

don't you think we could convert the file to XAF

ideas ?

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Hi,

My name is Dimitris and I am following this project from the beggining because I think it is an interesting idea.

But I am a liitle bit confused about the way you plan to follow with the design and development.

My believe is that the best way is to interpret business logic in python and translate it to c#.

Is this the way you will follow ?

Regards,

Dimitris E.

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Yes Dimitris that is the way.

My intention to post this tutorial is to show you that the Business Logic is basically in one file (Python), inside the modules folder for openERP.

Because OpenERP uses a framework like XAF, (OpenObject is a professional Rapid Application Development framework in Python that allows to build applications very fast). our XAF is better thou.

So the best way is as you say , to interpret business logic in OpenObjects (python) and translate it to c# (XAF), and add more XAF functionality, get everything out of OpenObjects and put it into XAF. Everything

We will work and use XAF to create our ERP, 100% XAF, never use python nor postgre

Would you help us to interpret the python business logic ?

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM

ok, that is good.

I will be glad to help you but unfortunatelly I don't know python and as I already told you I don't have enough time.