This project is read-only.

New Version Released...

Topics: Architecture, Development Core, Development Methodology, Roadmap, Source Code Control
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I have done some more work on this pig...  I had some holes in the GUI CRUD...  I tightened that up and the lone Company Maintenance Module which will serve as the basis for all other UI forms seems to be for the most part pretty Solid...

One hole left is Batch update validation I will have to put some work in on that.

Getting very close to having a very solid UI form that we can template and start mass producing the multitude of UI screens required for complete ERP...

One cool thing i did do is I mine the meta data in the entity model and present it via WCF service and conume it in the view.  It allots me string lengths of the entity data fields allowing me to bind textbox and grid column max length property thus validating that the data will never exceed what is allotted in SQL...

As well I did it in a manner where it is easy to implement as I use a indexed library object from the in the view model that is populated from the Server side code throught the WCF Data Service...

At least I thought it was slick...

I finally made use of the Temp Table which is really just a jack knive table declared in SQL to give me an entity container to pass data to and from the Server to the Client via WCF Data Services...

As in the meta data case their is no physical table that I could utilize to objectize the meta data thus I just throw it in the Temp Table and it serves as the conduit to feed non physically SQL defined Table data from client to Server via WCF Data Services...