This project is read-only.

Project Update...

Topics: Source Code Control
Feb 4, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Oscar their are a lot of folks very interested in the work you are doing here.  Can you give us an update as to how the project and is going and reasure it is not stagnant...

Feb 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Nice!!

First we start with XAF, but then Silverlight and friends came along (SL4 + EF4 + Ria + LinQ + Xaml) so we decided to go with the power of SL and friends.

I have developed a set of CodeSmith templates to help in the creation of the many UI ,  Code and MvvM

we are waiting for LightSwitch Beta 2 to see if that will be the one Framework to rule them all and we can do XERP into it.

But lately i have been considering Prism, of which I have no idea yet.. and I am thinking that I could create CodeSmith Templates to Prism my application .

So far I have been so busy with a Project for a customer.
But I really need to learn Prism one step at the time
Or Maybe we can get some members from here to help me and then we really can speed up the ERP development process and add The Business Logic into it and viola we have our ERP that can be transformed into any Business Application that we can sell to our individual customers.

We need Developers maybe with experience in Prism so we can do it faster, shoulder to shoulder.. we need member willing to help

LightSwitch may be too weak to support a modular ERP

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Matt,

I was thinking that I could run my Silverlight 4 Templates on the ERP Database Schema from XERP and probably create a cool early Beta of SL4 XERP

my templates kind of do what LightSwitch does, but for SL4 , and becasue the code is so small i use LinQ in CodeBehind

you seem very eager to help

can you send me an email to  oscar%1027 at yahoo.com, omit the %, i just typed for to filter spam

email me and I will send you the source code for your review and help

:)

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Hi,

I am very intersted by XERP, can i help you !

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I am not sure this project is still active.  I am currently working on a base build for an infrastructure to support ERP.  It is definately in its infancy but was definately interested in recruiting some help once I had the framework documentation outlined...

My thought was to make is stupid simple leveraging heavily on .net 4.0 Entity using the Poco Gen Utility and then create a simple BL CRUD and CRUD+ template that I could boiler plate from...

My other thought is to modularize The Model.  Having many singular projects for each model with their own independant entity models...

For Instance Order Entry -- would be encapsulated in a .net project with only the tables pertinant to it within its entity model...

The Module would then be made availle using WCF to present it to the Client...

The client side UI would be WPF or A Silverlight and or both that would consume the Entity-BL module via WCF to present the data.  As well we would create an inheritable Form Presentation Layer to promote a certain look and feel across the product and as well help to expedite UI Creation and Module BL consuption...

I realize this is monster under taking and I am at this point in my infancy of discovery of building the underlining framework pieces to support the model...

The db tables could be inherited from the XERP model and or a different Shareware ERP system.

At this point though I more about building and designing the framework.  At the verly least if we did acomplish a complete ERP system we would at least develop a rapid development template for building solid model to support...

As well I envision some sideway hooks on the BL that will allow for the injection of Custom Code in Before and After Events on the BL...

The thought is to put invocations within the template that allow you access to the Data that is being executed through any given model and write custom code against w/o effecting the Source Code...

Of course it is still an open source product.  But you need to be smart with it to allow consumers of the product to take on source code enhancements w/o effecting the source code...

Allowing custom code injection in before and after events would allow them to cusomize the BL Methods w/o effecting changing source code...

Customizing Data Schem of course is a different story some more thought is required to resolve that beast have not gotten that far...

If I get to a point where these crazy rambling ideas are worth posting I will create a code plex for it...

SERVER SIDE                                             CLIENT SIDE

Entity-->POCO-->BL-->WCF-->                WCF-->WPF-->Silverlight-->Other Presentation UI possibilities...

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Hi Matt,

A very interesting and challenging idea. I've seen a product with a web based UI that was completely build with its own application framework. The forms are written in a kind of XAML script and all can be adapted by an internal code editor. It's possible to extend the application framework by means of code snippets. The core framework supports different kinds of snippets. In fact it's not an application that will be developed. It will be an application framework with which you can build any kind of applications.

So if you can use some ideas or if you can use some help it would be a pleasure to join the team (if possible). Hope to hear from you!

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:51 PM

That is kind what I was thinking so you don't meet the grand goal of creating an ERP...  So perhaps you end up with a couple usable modules but more importantly you end up with a boiler plate for developing Modularize apps in reapeatable process...

Perhaps not even through inheritance but even simpler perhaps the project itself is the boiler plate.  You could create it generic enought where you plug in some TODO's that would allow you copy it and then cut and paste the new namespace and singularities that would make it specific to the module you are developing...

So no inheritance no fancy tools just a boiler plate project that is super simple to start with I suppose it is really just building on .net templates.

I have denoted a name for it...

KISSERP

Keep It Stupid Simple ERP...

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:21 PM

@Matt, @Albers, @tad

yes that is the way to go..

I think MS LightSwitch may not be able to handle a huge ERP database when all modules are in place.. I have even tried loading a full ERP Database Schema in EF4 and it makes VS 2010 very slow and hard to work with

so I will use the POCO EF4 Classes + Ria on the server side.. like what Blake is doing with his latest EF4 POCO  http://www.codesmithtools.com/product/frameworks#plinqoef

then I will marry it to my Silverlight (Client side)  http://oscaragreda.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/template/  very very old version,

My SL Robot (Code Gen) obviusly has improve 500%, adding MvvM, hability to handle Stored Procs, Models

added a little bit of this B\CLint Calculated Fields

http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/SilverlightTV/Silverlight-TV-44-Top-Four-Questions-from-the-WCF-RIA-Services-Forum

SOme simple MvvM ideas from here

http://www.nikhilk.net/RIAServices-BookClub-TOC.aspx

and of course,,, from the one and Only

http://channel9.msdn.com/events/MIX/MIX11/OPN03

why we need a Tractor to help ?

becasue managing the code for an ERP is not an easy task, we need to create the factory that will allow us to create ERPs. and BTW, if that factory can create ERPs. it can create everything else.

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Oscar I think the key is to modularize your Entity models. Break them in to smaller chunks and encapsulate them in to separate models…

Having 1 huge entity to encompass an ERP model is a losing proposition…

But if you break it in to smaller chunks then it is workable and the model is more easily definable…

Granted you will have a lot of tables in multiple entity models but who cares as each entity model will interact with the db as a stand alone project…

I have looked in to mvvm as well to deliver the front end. But at this point I don’t think it matters what vehicle you deliver the front end with it as that would be customizable with the ntier WCF architecture and will support whatever model you would choose…

More importantly is to modularize the entities in to specific models with a purpose domain driven methodology and allow a server side template to build and deliver each for client consumption…

So you would have .net stand alone projects for Order, Part, PartConfig, Company, Job, Quote, SecurityRoles, Project, Scheduling Engine, Pricing Engine, ect… on and on until you have all the pieces you need to drive ERP…

Of course starting with the ones that make the most sense…

Each module .net project would contain the Entity, POCO, BLCRUD, BLCRUD+, WCF to deliver it to the Front End Client WPF, Silverlight, ect using MVC or MVVM or whatever…

Breaking in to smaller stand alone modules with a template project to promote consistency would allow for developers to work on all the different modules required to create a massive ERP system built entirely on .net 4.0 components…

With this you not only start the build of an ERP build out but you also introduce a more scalable way to build each of the components and pieces required to build a multi year build out of an ERP system starting with the foundation Modules first…

Company, SecurityRoles, Part, PartBOM, PartConfig, Order, Job, ectc…

I don’t think it is so much about technology all though I am partial to .net 4.0 as I think it has all the necessary ntier components required but rather about methodology, encapsulation and templating to promote consistency and Rapid Development…

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 11:22 AM
To: Paulson, Matt
Subject: Re: Project Update... [xerpdotnet:244688]

@Matt, @Albers, @tad

yes that is the way to go..

I think MS LightSwitch may not be able to handle a huge ERP database when all modules are in place.. I have even tried loading a full ERP Database Schema in EF4 and it makes VS 2010 very slow and hard to work with

so I will use the POCO EF4 Classes + Ria on the server side.. like what Blake is doing with his latest EF4 POCO http://www.codesmithtools.com/product/frameworks#plinqoef

then I will marry it to my Silverlight (Client side) http://oscaragreda.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/template/ very very old version,

My SL Robot (Code Gen) obviusly has improve 500%, adding MvvM, hability to handle Stored Procs, Models

added a little bit of this B\CLint Calculated Fields

http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/SilverlightTV/Silverlight-TV-44-Top-Four-Questions-from-the-WCF-RIA-Services-Forum

SOme simple MvvM ideas from here

http://www.nikhilk.net/RIAServices-BookClub-TOC.aspx

and of course,,, from the one and Only

http://channel9.msdn.com/events/MIX/MIX11/OPN03

why we need a Tractor to help ?

becasue managing the code for an ERP is not an easy task, we need to create the factory that will allow us to create ERPs. and BTW, if that factory can create ERPs. it can create everything else.

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM
Edited Apr 15, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Absolutely right.. agree 100%

what I want to do (with a team of people that share same goal) is to do what OpenERP did with Python and their incredible modularity,  but in Silverlight + Poco EF4 + Ria , add XAML into the Mix and C#..  then WP7

OpenERP created their own RAD,

what about us creating ours for Net ? One core (Like Matt says, many modules)  and then many UIs, SL, WPF, WP7

BTW:  at MIX 2011

1- I think the most amazing was WP7 next version. Support for SQL Database locally, Full LINQ, RAW camera support, multi tasking and 1500+ new API. Also comes with IE9 that supports HTML5 100%.
This already jumps over iOS 4. It even surpasses the Android with full DB and IE9.
Very excited with WP7. Hopefully we will get RIA for WP7 now.

2- They just announced WCF RIA for jQuery. Now you can write totally independent client side with jQuery/HTML/CSS and talk to RIA for data

http://wcf.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=WCF%20jQuery

3- New materials on SL5 just rolled out.
http://www.silverlight.net/getstarted/silverlight-5-beta/

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:06 PM

I was thinking, what if we set up a TFS (Visual Studio 2010 Team Foundation Server) , SharePoint + OneNote

then in TFS we can create all the necesary task, then we pull memebers and do the task..

Ideas ?

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Do you have the means to host the TFS server?

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 1:06 PM

I was thinking, what if we set up a TFS (Visual Studio 2010 Team Foundation Server) , SharePoint + OneNote

then in TFS we can create all the necesary task, then we pull memebers and do the task..

Ideas ?

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:39 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I might get one for us at XERP, but how many people would be willing to work on tasks ? Code Practices, MvvM, Blend, WCF ?

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:44 PM

with TFS things gets done !!!!

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Lets do this before we get two far down the road I am working on a module called Security Roles…

Using a KISS Keep It Stupid Simple mentality…

I am creating a singular project within the project I will have the following… note I will purposely keep it one project all though this is frowned upon in some circles to enforce my KISS methodology…

That way no circle references are any that garbage as it will all be of one reference house…

.edmx à POCO Entities à Hand Crafted BL CRUD à CRUD Test à WCF using a WCF Data Service Template…

At the end of the of day I would like the end point service to be consumable by a presentation layer WPF, Silverlight whatever…

Of course it will only be the Core Fixated CRUD model with no extra functionality but it should give a good reference point to critique the KISS model I had in mind…

Once I have it done I will zip it up and email I to you along with a SQL Script to generate the 5 or 6 tables I have within the model…

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 2:40 PM

we have one from the company I work for and just deployed one on our customer.

but I could get one for us at XERP, but how many people would be willing to work on tasks ?

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Hi Matt,

No , I have not worked with it before and it’s not included in my MSDN subscription level. I have used SVN with VS2010.

Michael Petryk

Office: 206-201-2367

Cell: 425-749-9752

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 11:19 AM
To: mgpetryk@hotmail.com

Do you have the means to host the TFS server?

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 1:06 PM

Ideas ?

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I am finding creating a poco model that will be supported all the way throught the technological stack a greater undertaking then anticipated...  The poco classes are not serializable and their fore can not be wrapped via WCF Data Service.  Their are some noted work arounds but they are complicated at best and would violate my KISS mentality...  I do believe we are definately on to something with creating modular Entities, if not to support BL at the very least allow us to get our head around each module and the data table involved in the model without getting swamped with a 500 to 700 table lumbering entity.  Breaking the massive amount  of tables required to support ERP in to very specific entities would allow the entities to perform better as well allow us to more easily get are heads around the data involved for the given module as well support multiple developers...

I am struggling with Design...  The only thing I am kind of leaning towards now is creating The DAL as a standalone project with a WCF wrapper.  That way if the screen is a simple Maintenance screen you could consume the DAL directly and bind it in a templated XAML quick and easy way to create the oodles of maintenance screens required as well allow us to theme the screens...

But in many instances you will need transactional screens and or maintenance screens that require joins and more complicated logic.  In this case we will consume the DAL in a Domain Layer allowing us to jack with the entity and present it in customized views as well as add custom methods that go above and beyond standard data bind CRUD functionality and wrap it in WCF for consumption via serializable data services...  Of course we could still start with the same XAML model that we used for the Maintenance forms and build upon them for client presentation to allow us to keep the same look and feel to the forms...

The Client Side could be of any type for the most part all though i am partial to XAML templating, and could consume the DAL via its WCF wrapper or the Core via its WCF wrapper...

I have elected to ditch the POCO as I don't feel .net 4.0 is quite ready to natively support it out the box and feel the standard entity's classes provided work just as well...

Also the Domain layer will consume the DAL through direct reference and not WCF allowing for the full Entity Arsenal.  As well if elected to consume the DAL directly it will have the best supported functionality required via WCF when consuming on the client side...

This should allow for a best of both worlds aproach allowing for consuption directly from the DAL for very simple models or elect for a domain layer buffer to allow for more complicated Screen/s Support...

DAL Project...

Entity -> Standard Entity generated Classe -->   WCF

Domain Project...

DAL Direct Reference Consumption --> Custom Public Classes/Methods --> WCF

Client Side

WCF Dal Consumption or WCF Domain Consuption --> Client Presentation Vehicle

Please provide thoughts at this point I have kept if fairly high level and am not concerned so much with the Client Presentation Vehicle...  If a 3 teir model is sufficeint with the option of using 2 teir when singular Table CRUD is required...

The two teir model would be very simple as it would be a raw entity exposed and consumable via WCF...

The three teir model would allow for extremeties and would consume the same DAF should allowing some consistancy while still allowing for extreme Model requirements...

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I am more a back end db model type of guy. So I would elect to leverage someone else’s skill set for automated form templating or generation…

I am more concerned about modeling the back end in the two and thee tier way I described…

While I do see a lot of work and research being done to create and or adopt a form generator of some sort that hooks in to the two tier direct Entity with WCF wrapper or the three teir with a domain base in the middle to manage compound, complex coding that would go above and beyond standard CRUD…

Either tier would be consumable via standard data contract… I do envision one person shitting out models… A few developers working on Domain Logic. And a few developers building the Screen Creator. And finally lots of developers using the screen developer to shit out the many screens required to drive ERP…

So we are talking not only ERP here but creating a patented system that we can all agree on that would promote same look and feel and hopefully allow us to scream out model, logic, and forms at an incredible rate of development…

It would all need to be tied together in a master transactional project that would keep track of global ERP variables i.e User, Company, security and the menu set that would allow for execution of each module…

Here is the thing I want to maintain KISS so that any developer off the street can jump on the project and say OK I see how you are doing that so I want stay away from complicated work arounds and over produced teirs ect… It seems as developers sometimes we tend to make things over complicated and bloat things…

Here is where I am at…

I have created some tables to allow me to model Security Roles. I am going to add a WCF Data Service… I am then going to create a quick WPF consume the data service and bind the grid… This would support a simple singular table two tier binding…

I have a many to many relationship in the model one of the more complicated joins to support… So I then plan to create A domain project consume the DAF and then model the data And hand build some CRUD to support a view that will combine fields from both ends of the mutual join I will then add a WCF layer to present the view… I will then create another quick WPF and consume the domain contract and bind it to a grid… This would represent the 3 tier more complicated CRUD and CRUD+ support…

With those two models in place I will then present them to the group. This would allow us to critique the approach and see if it is worth pursuing…

At that point if we agree upon a back end ntier model then we can proceed with having some one else model a form creation engine that would allow for consumption of the two back end models…

At the same time someone would have to start thinking about the master app that would drive this pig… A transactional app that kicks off the log in and drives the menu security model as well keeps track of the master apps transactional datam as the user drives through the different modules.

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 9:45 AM

Hi Matt,

A very interesting and challenging idea. I've seen a product with a web based UI that was completely build with its own application framework. The forms are written in a kind of XAML script and all can be adapted by an internal code editor. It's possible to extend the application framework by means of code snippets. The core framework supports different kinds of snippets. In fact it's not an application that will be developed. It will be an application framework with which you can build any kind of applications.

So if you can use some ideas or if you can use some help it would be a pleasure to join the team (if possible). Hope to hear from you!

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM

@Math,

I created a CRUD (KISS) methodology for a Medical application i did a few months ago. I used the OutOfTheBox Ria Class. BUT LOAD MY DATA USING LAZY LOADING from the client side, because that part is pure CRUD I did not use MvvM (on that simple CRUD)  to keep it even simpler.

I also and for the same Medical Application i needed to use Calculated Fields (Business Logic) for the DashBoard (for example in which different UI pull data from the same ViewModel ), so for that MvvM is perfect.

My non MvvM Code Smith robot (methodology ) is 100% done, the MvvM part is 90% done because i want to add some of this http://channel9.msdn.com/events/MIX/MIX11/OPN03

I need to create a video for you to see my Lazy Loading CRUD (not MvvM)  so you could see it and give me feedback, maybe we are working on the exact same issues

I am making my application obviously more complex by adding MvvM, but i fight to find the simplest and less code way of doing it. it also needs to be teachable

Regards

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Oscar within that do you have clean separation are you leveraging WCF within your tiers?

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 10:47 AM

@Math,

I created a CRUD (KISS) methodology for a Medical application i did a few months ago. I used the OutOfTheBox Ria Class. BUT LOAD MY DATA USING LAZY LOADING from the client side, because that part is pure CRUD I did not use MvvM (on that simple CRUD) to keep it even simpler.

I also and for the same Medical Application i needed to use Calculated Fields (Business Logic) for the DashBoard (for example in which different UI pull data from the same ViewModel ), so for that MvvM is perfect.

My non MvvM Code Smith robot (methodology ) is 100% done, the MvvM part is 90% done because i want to add some of this http://channel9.msdn.com/events/MIX/MIX11/OPN03

I need to create a video for you to see my Lazy Loading CRUD (not MvvM) so you could see it and give me feedback, maybe we are working on the exact same issues

I am making my application obviously more complex by adding MvvM, but i fight to find the simplest and less code way of doing it. it also needs to be teachable

Regards

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM

OK RIA is amazing I am concerned a little bit about clean separation as the context is referenced in the XAML. That is amazing thought you could crap out maintenance screens that only require simple singular CRUD at an amazing rate using supported .net procedures… I would be interested as to so how to deal with more complex bindings and validation and other types of requirements…

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 9:45 AM

Hi Matt,

A very interesting and challenging idea. I've seen a product with a web based UI that was completely build with its own application framework. The forms are written in a kind of XAML script and all can be adapted by an internal code editor. It's possible to extend the application framework by means of code snippets. The core framework supports different kinds of snippets. In fact it's not an application that will be developed. It will be an application framework with which you can build any kind of applications.

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Oscar I am definately in.  It sounds like a lot of the work is allready done.  If you provide a TFS location I could consume and review your current code creation engines.  As well we can start the Share Point site and start creating a project plan a wiki site ect...

I wanted to suggest one more tool set...  TeamViewer 6 http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

It is freeware as long as it used for personal use screen sharing software...  Works great would allow for screen sharing as well as screen remoting...

Stay outside of the Codeplex box on this and bring folks in as you see fit... to the TFS, share point site...

Did you have a db in mind.  OpenBravo, OpeenERP, ect.???

Build it from scratch as it is plausible doing in modules using an existing db as the base and creating the tables as required for each model allowing us to give some sameness to the tables...

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM

@Math

Yes

1-I use a database schema, pull it EF (with the wizard)

2-use the wizard to add the WCF Domain Class...

3-Don't change anything on the WCF class, maybe just add the   [Query( ResultLimit = 25)]   for each GetQuery, so when I get thousands of record my "Going to get data from the WebServer" is still very fast

4-That's it for the server side... nothing else.. so is pretty much Out Of The box

5-all my Validation is done from the Client side... Lazy Loading is the key.

when I find time to add this to my current Implemenatation i will be done and ready to start creating the Base Core for XERP

http://channel9.msdn.com/events/MIX/MIX11/OPN05

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:23 PM

yes, I love TeamViewer

OpenERP with all the modules on the release ( some modules are good but some are not, so we need to make sure just to include the good modules) .. OpenERP has better Database Schema than OpenBravo or Adempiere..

there is also Compiere full version, from where we could use just The Database. so is either OpenERP or the full version of Compiere

then with ESF Database Migration Toolkit http://www.easyfrom.net/features/  we convert the schema into MS SQL Server, then into EF4.. very simple.

then is just matter of adding the Business Logic (the hardest part  of all)  and viola,, our own .NET ERP

Nice !

Apr 18, 2011 at 9:09 PM

OK I will begin by familiarizing myself with the OpenERP db and await further instructions…

I have reviewed the validation video. That is good stuff well worth stuffing in to the engine design…

At some point we should build a simple module perhaps the User Maintenance screen to provide POC. As well it would probably be beneficial for someone other then yourself to build it to provide a critique of how teachable the building process is…

I will await the completion of you validation injection modeling and go from their…

After I guinea pig it I can document the procedures involved in creating a simple maintenance screen…

We can then perhaps build the Security Roles Form that would involve a many to many relationship between User and SecurityGroups that would constitute a more in depth requirement of displaying and CRUDing a multiple Table view…

From their I think we would have a good POC for starting on other Modules and or begin talking about module creation order…

I start with User, SecurityGroups, User_SecurityGroups as its seems like the rudimentary model to support login and a good use of POC as at the end of the day it may become a useable module…

I am exited about this Oscar and look forward to the opportunity to work with you as your research seems to be in line with what I had envisioned for Simplifying ERP and making it a tangible goal…

I do understand that you have other obligations as do I have a real job that involves customizing ERP Epicor Specifically. Knowing that I understand their will be inevitable gaps in progressing on this project…

But I do believe if I can utilize your vision of screen creation soup to nut through the ntier design I should be able to document it and then we can start bringing in an army of developers to start hammering out the forms and engines required to drive ERP…

I know there are a lot of programmers who are fed up with the poorly designed outrageously costing ERP packages in the existing market place and would be more then willing to invest some time in building one…

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 1:23 PM

yes, I love TeamViewer

OpenERP with all the modules on the release ( some modules are good but some are not, so we need to make sure just to include the good modules) .. OpenERP has better Database Schema than OpenBravo or Adempiere..

there is also Compiere full version, from where we could use just The Database. so is either OpenERP or the full version of Compiere

then with ESF Database Migration Toolkit http://www.easyfrom.net/features/ we convert the schema into MS SQL Server, then into EF4.. very simple.

then is just matter of adding the Business Logic (the hardest part of all) and viola,, our own .NET ERP

Nice !

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Do you have a SQL Script to create the current db? Or an some how I can get the db locally to start familiarizing with the db tables… to take a look at the pk and fk … start building some modular diagrams…

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 1:23 PM

yes, I love TeamViewer

then with ESF Database Migration Toolkit http://www.easyfrom.net/features/ we convert the schema into MS SQL Server, then into EF4.. very simple.

then is just matter of adding the Business Logic (the hardest part of all) and viola,, our own .NET ERP

Nice !

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:43 PM

@Matt

send me a message with your email

I will send you a SL4 version with the EF4 EDMX Database Schema on it.... and the Ria

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:30 PM

mpaulson@apog.com

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 5:44 PM

@Matt

send me a message with your email

I will send you a SL4 version with the EF4 EDMX Database Schema on it.... and the Ria

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Hello everybody,

Is there any progress on this project? May I participate?

Regards,

Ari

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:13 PM

By the way, I'm a fan of Lightswitch and love to build serious application with it.

I see above some conclusion on which ERP has beter database and you decided to go with OpenERP instead of Full Compiere and OpenBravo. Well I assume you had good reason for that. But would you please share what was the criteria and why you think the one is beter than the other?

When I look at these three Open Source ERP's, I get the impression that Openbravo is much more sophisticated than OpenERP. That's why I'm curious.

But at the other hand they are much the same in my opinion and all come from the early version of compiere.

Regards,

Ari

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Oscar and I have been working together in seclusion at the moment trying to build the foundation modeling to build XERP2 if you will…

After reviewing all three of the Compiere based db’s I did not like the clutter in the db’s and we have decided to construct our own tables…

As I create them I categorize them by screen functionality for the most part and wrap them in an entity and then present them for consumption via OData Services…

Their was some challenges with security and a single connection string that I overcame with some R & D. I have a good base model done around the Company Entity and have begin to proceed on the Menu/Security Entity…

Oscar is busy creating a front end engine that generates basic Crud and GUI. The idea is to have an engine that spits out the general Form with the basic CRUD Binding consuming the targeted OData Entity sevice targeted to the form…

Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 2:13 PM

By the way, I'm a fan of Lightswitch and love to build serious application with it.

I see above some conclusion on which ERP has beter database and you decided to go with OpenERP instead of Full Compiere and OpenBravo. Well I assume you had good reason for that. But would you please share what was the criteria and why you think the one is beter than the other?

When I look at these three Open Source ERP's, I get the impression that Openbravo is much more sophisticated than OpenERP. That's why I'm curious.

But at the other hand they are much the same in my opinion and all come from the early version of compiere.

Regards,

Ari

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to join/help you if you want, but first I need to understand the basic decision that you and Oscar have made to be able to follow you. That's why I'm asking these questions.

Because I know Openbravo, I want to begin from there. Would you please send me the 3 databases and XERP2 database to study them and try to follow your line/lead.

Thanks,

Ari

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Ari3000 email me at mpaulson@apog.com so I have your target email…

Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:25 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to join/help you if you want, but first I need to understand the basic decision that you and Oscar have made to be able to follow you. That's why I'm asking these questions.

Because I know Openbravo, I want to begin from there. Would you please send me the 3 databases and XERP2 database to study them and try to follow your line/lead.

Thanks,

Ari