FYI...

Topics: Roadmap
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I have the Wix installer in now very cool… thanx thcristo…

I am going to try very hard to finish up part as then it will be a working part tracking system… as it will have part and location so you can put parts in to a location and track their qty’s and what not… of course we had menu display, menu maintenance, security roles and administration… so we have a lot but it is all stuff you have to have and not really functional to do any thing useful…

That will be a huge step for XERP adding part as it will make it a viable application…

We will need to tout that as it can then move in to reality as a viable freeware system to track parts…

Oscar I have always been interested in the robot but have never seen it materialize… Perhaps you could launch a new version of XERP and show me how it would work with a robot building the modules…

It is hard for me to abandon XERP at this point as it is very close to be of some use to the freeware community…

If I retool to robot creation… If you could make the robot work with what we have that would be cool…

I know I paste in a lot of code and then do a swap of key object names… It is definitely very repetive…

But if that does not materialize I can pump out modules in less then a couple of hours following the how to document…

Anyways I guess just a check to see where we are at… I know it is difficult as it is a free ware system… I never got the help from the codeplex community like I thought I would… but I think you have to reach critical mass in the app first… I am not sure what that is… is it working part management… is that plus ORM functionality… is those plus part recipe operations and materials and scheduling…

Not sure but at some point if I keep adding content it will happen… slowly but surely… Hopefully the new MSI functionality will make it a lot easier to install…

I know it is hard when you are not making money it is a labor of love…

Theodore I wanted to thank you personally for the WIX content you provided… It is awesome that you helped out… You are definitely part of this mess now if you want to be so any comments or suggestions will definitely be merited…
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Well , the robot is a lot way more than just a copy paste system
here is a version of the 2010 version
http://www.xneterp.com/rad/RadDemo2.html
that was 3 years ago
now I have added WPF 4.5 with the + caliburn micro (using best practices), if you are familiar with Caliburn Micro, you know that you develop by removing code, which means using incredible simple (yet powerful) viewModels with MEF

for example , to do an inventory control system (one module in our XERP) , I will have to do it by hand first, spending 4 good full days developing every single part of the module from scratch, then and only after everything works fine, and after some good QA, I will continue by teaching the robot to replicate my work on that module, by reading the architecture of the database, making sense of relationship, indexes, foreign keys, as you can see on the above video, from 3 years ago.

The new robot will use WPF 4.5 + Caliburn Micro + MEF, down to the teeth. and, after I teach the robot, yes the robot can also continue to create a full ERP in less than 2 minutes, if we have the database for it. , After all that we will have in our hands 90% of the application, yep 90% of XERP .. we will obviously have to finish it by adding the Business Logic, things the robot cannot do, logic like "when new invoice is created, if the payment is done by credit then increase the customer Due Amount" and stuff like that to finish the ERP completed at 100%

we have to make time to finish XERP and give a robust ERP to the awesome .NET community