Deployment Packages...

Topics: Development Core
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM
XERP is getting to a point where it needs a deployment Project... One for Client Side and one for server side deployment...

Server Side would be WCF Data Service deployment and possibly could include the SQL and or we may want to keep it seperate as it is so easy to run the SQL script to create the tables...

Client Side would be a window deployment package...

This is not my area of expertise if any one would like to take on adding one of the two deployment packages above it would be a very important plug in to help move XERP in the right direction...

Please reply to this thread if you are interested...

thanx...
Developer
Jun 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I am thinking of implementing a WiX setup solution for XERP.
Based on my understanding, the client setup package would contain the WPF and Domain layers while the server setup package would contain the WCF and DAL layers and the database creation.
Is this correct?
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2013 at 3:58 AM
That is correct please let me know if you have any questions or require any assistance.

Sent from my iPhone

Developer
Sep 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Hi,
I have sent you a pull request with the source code of the setup packages included in the solution.
You can get the msi packages from here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14735992/XERPSetup.zip
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I don’t understand what do you want me to do and what is it pertaining to…

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Is this in regards to creating an .msi installer for Xerp… can you provide me with more detail as to direction…

Developer
Sep 13, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Yes , it is in regard to creating an msi installer for Xerp. Did you manage to merge the source code?
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Not yet I will though… thanx again for your contribution if you would like to do more let me know… I am currently working on the Part Modules…

Developer
Sep 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Yes, I am interested.
There are some Part tables in the database.
I suppose we need to create new Service, DAL, Domain and Client modules.
Is this correct?
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I am close to having xerp as function part tracking system as stage one in its evolution to a viable erp solution… I am weary of the robots… I have gotten it to a point where I can create dal to view in less then a couple of hours… it is very efficient… The db is solid if you want to do that have at it… you may want to inherit the DAL and the service layer… I always thought that if we could leveraget the db, DAL and Service layer… the consumption model should not matter at all…

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Yes I am currently working on them… Do you want to take a really easy one first just to get the hang of XERPism…

You could do one for UnitOfMeasure… There is a how to document in the documentation section… If you build the UOM then you could move on to do supplier or something like that… we just keep adding modules until we have a fairly useful ERP system…

There is no money in it… I do it to stick it to the big ERP firms that ripping every one off… It is my vision to provide this version for free for all to use for their companies so they do not have to use SAP or Epicor or syteline or some other pile of crap that they sell for millions…

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM
MattPaulson wrote:
… I do it to stick it to the big ERP firms that ripping every one off… some other pile of crap that they sell for millions…
that has always been the goal behind XERP. and also by doing it C# , .NET developers will benefit from it

there are many "stuff" we can add, what do you Mat and ThCristo think about having a Version level 0, a deliverable that people can use , a small part that will server as vertical slice of the whole ERP.

in the last year i have become fan( well more of addicted that i don't see my life any other way) to WPF + MEF + Caliburn Micro, because we can deliver super nice software into the customer's hands , (out the door) very very fast.

should we have a one module release (maybe inventory control) and have it 100% done done, then do a ClickOnce deployment

what do you think ?
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM

That is my goal… Inventory management first… a bin system with locations and quantities… I am very close… we can deliver via the WPF MVVM that I have already and then as well if you want to review the finished product that I come up with and build it with a different flavored front end… I think by the end of this winter it will be a usable as a part management system… my hope is that some small companies will stumble upon it and put it in and then a buzz gets going about it… I am not it in for the money or any thing like that just want to help small businesses out… so I am not sure I would want to pursue it past that… other companies may take the base product and make it more robust and charge for it and or charge for tweaking but I was hoping to make XERP a free base to build ERP…