Company Maintenance Form Example...

Topics: Architecture
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  1. I have added a XERP.zip to the download section...  It is a working model of what will be the template for building the UI...
  2. I still Have some work to do on it but wanted to get it out mid stream to give folks a chance to review it and make suggestions...
  3. I am definately new to MVVM and am learning as I go here and definately stealing tips and tricks from all over the web...
  4. It is definately a rough version but should serve as a good basis for discussion about general form design and functionality...
  5. As well as the plumbing and CRUD or RU at this point as I have not finished the CD yet...
  6. It should also provide a good look at the overall solution design...
  7. Granted we have not even touched on creating the sesion objects that will track security and what not but I do belief it to be a good start to build on...
  8. If we can piece this out and get a good concrete desing patter from DAL to Presentation we can worry about Session and using Prism and what ever other requirements we will have to pull this together...
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I made a lot of changes and additions...

• I have added the Simple MVVM Toolkit to allow us to comunicate View --> ViewModel using Notification Events
  • and the great MessageBus service that will allow for ViewModel to ViewModel comunication...
  • It is great framework with great documentation and very easy to use...
  • I have completed the search functionality heavily leveraging the Simple MVVM Toolkit...
  • I have added Singleton Repository to allow the MaintenanceViewModel and its corresponding SearchViewModel to use the same context and maintains its tracking as to maintain a nice repository pattern...
  • Lots of work to do I am really hoping that I have enough work done now that I will peak some interest and gets some help and or at the very least some critique to the pattern that will serve as our basis for soup to nut Form Design and CRUD development...