New Start New Rigor...

Topics: Roadmap
Coordinator
Dec 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Edited Dec 27, 2011 at 7:03 PM
  •  
    • I have done a great deal of research in the past few months... 
  • I was troubled by the limitation of Sillverlight...
    • Multiple forms while possible using out of browser would add scope to an allready Scope Heavy Project...
      • As forcing ERP in to a one form Silverlight Project would be a great injustice
      • as you often need multiple forms open to manage your business...
    • Silverlight was forcing a one project solution...
    • Silveriligh BL and Client comunication is forced in to a very narrow channel...
      • Forcing you to jam all your DAL and BL in to one Project would be a night mare...
      • Being able to have multiple projects for DAL and BL components will help deparmentalize the ERP system...
      • And allow for seperations of functionality in to several .net projects...
  • WPF to the rescue...
    • While it will not be browser based...
      • Most ERP is done via intranet anyways...
      • And we can still create SilverLight modules down the road from the DAL and BL Projects
      • But the main App should and will be WPF
        • As it provides the least resitance to the aproach required...
        • Breaking each ERP Functionality in to 3 projects...
          • DAL (Entity)
          • BL + Service (CRUD, CRUD+ and Data Services)  -- ref (DAL)
          • WPF UI MVVM -- ref BL-DataService
        • The one thing I am troubled with is using MVVM will place a lot of logic client side
        • While we may be able to limit this with some Data Service Tricks and Tactics...
        • It will be inevatable..
        • Forcing more client side updates but MVVM is too powerful and will greatly reduce coding requirements so it will stay...
      • I am hoping to have an example in the following month...
      • If it goes well then I think I will finally be happy with a go forward architeture that can be templated and cloned to support full fledged ERP...
      • More to come...